-First stop will be at the Visitors Center to view exhibits, use restrooms, and get ready for our scheduled tour.
-Visit Toyota Motor Plant on a guided tour in the morning (Please read the guidelines below).
-Free afternoon at the River Walk for lunch, shopping, browsing or taking a river cruise (All on your own).
The trip is open to members first. Members who are absent on the sign-up date (May 15, 2019) must mail a check to Rosie Perez before the end of the following week. Non–members may sign up, but will be placed on a waiting list. After a week from the sign-up date, non-members will be given a seat and late members will be standing 1n line behind them.
Non-members are not allowed to go on the trip as companion or friend of a fellow-member unless there is room for them. They must sign up on a stand-by basis and wait until the official registration period is over. (My recommendation: Encourage your non-members friends, who like to come with you, to become members of our chapter.)
Sign up with Rosie at the May 15th AARP meeting at which time you must also fill out a Waver Form if you have not previously done so.
Before you come on the tour, here are a few things to keep in mind:
No weapons in plant
Safety Dress Code: Long pants must be worn (no skirts or shorts), shirts must have sleeves (short sleeves acceptable), midriffs/torsos must be covered, shoes must be closed toe/ heel/side and flat (no sandals or heels).
A valid photo ID will be required for each adult scheduled for the tour.
No bags, purses, backpacks, briefcases, and no cameras/cell phones are allowed in the plant
The First Trip of 2019 to Waco, Texas, Tuesday, April 9, 2019
The trip included the Heritage Craft Village, lunch at Ninfa’s Mexican Restaurant
and Shopping at Spice Village.
Chapter 2426 Travel Coordinator:
December 11, 2018 San Antonio
Trip to George Bush Library
May 8, 2018
LBJ Ranch , Wildflower Center, and Fredricksburg
Our arrival at the LBJ ranch our hero, Mario, rescued a baby deer that had fallen into a cattle guard. We enjoyed an escorted tour of the LBJ Texas White House, a stop at the Wildflower center, lunch and shopping in Fredricksburg.
Clifton Norwegian Christmas Trip
December 2, 2017
June 7 Lake Buchanan Trip
March 2017 Trip to the Wildseed Farm and Fredricksburg
The President and the Board of Chapter 2426 have approved the following trip guidelines starting in 2017:
1. Trips will be open to members first.
2. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list.
3. Trips’ destination and details will be announced orally, on the Website, and
In the Newsletter a month before the sign-up date.
Rules for signing up
1) Sign up for trips will take place at the monthly meeting for members, and also for non-members who will be placed on waiting list.
2) Priority will be given to members who sign up in person at the first sign-up date and to members, who are absent, but mail their checks within a week from the first sign-up. (No checks are accepted before the first sign–up date.)
3) Trip will be open to non-members a week after the sign-up date at which time members forfeit their priority status and their names will be added to the non-member list.
5) The above guidelines will assure fairness to all members and also provide information in sufficient time for trip coordinator to charter a bus, buy tickets, and make reservations.