Dear Travelers I miss seeing you and taking you on day-trips. In time they will resume and we will be able to share person-to-person and have fun again. For the time being here are some thoughts that invite us to think about the nature of true happiness. “Rivers do not drink their water. Trees do not eat their fruit. The sun does not shine for its own. Flowers do not spread their scent for themselves. They live for others. It is the rule of Nature. Life is beautiful when you are happy, however life is much better when others are happy because of you. Our nature is to be of service. He who does not live to serve, he does not serve to live.” Israelmore Avivor Be well and keep on smiling! Mario Macaluso Tours Coordinator
On December 1 a group of 30 members of AARP CHAPTER 2426 went to the Georgetown Palace Theatre to enjoy the comic musical ”The Christmas Story.”Afterwards the group went to “Tony and Luigi Italian Restaurante” for dinner. On our way out of the town they admired the streets and the square shining with Christmas lights.
Chapter 2426 trip to the Houston Space Center
September 10, 2019
22nd AARP Day-Trip
This trip is full but a stand by list is being formed.
Dinner (on your own) at: “Tony and Luigi – Italian Mediterranean Restaurante”
Return Home after dinner
Date: Sunday, Dec. 1st, 2019
Departure from SASAC: 12 o’clock and leaving Georgetown at 7 pm
Cost: $65 based on 40 participants
(Price includes comfortable chartered bus, driver’s gratuities, admission ticket, treats, raffle and water.)
Note: a) Tickets are bought ahead of time and there will be no refunds for cancellations.
b) The restaurant does not accept coupons from groups.
Sign up in person at the September 18th monthly meeting of AARP Chapter 2426
Toyota Motor Plant, San Antonio, Texas
Our 20th day-trip brings us to San Antonio, Texas June 25, 2019
The First Trip of 2019 to Waco, Texas, Tuesday, April 9, 2019
The trip included the Heritage Craft Village, lunch at Ninfa’s Mexican Restaurant
and Shopping at Spice Village.
Chapter 2426 Travel Coordinator:
December 11, 2018 San Antonio
Trip to George Bush Library
May 8, 2018
LBJ Ranch , Wildflower Center, and Fredricksburg
Our arrival at the LBJ ranch our hero, Mario, rescued a baby deer that had fallen into a cattle guard. We enjoyed an escorted tour of the LBJ Texas White House, a stop at the Wildflower center, lunch and shopping in Fredricksburg.
Clifton Norwegian Christmas Trip
December 2, 2017
June 7 Lake Buchanan Trip
March 2017 Trip to the Wildseed Farm and Fredricksburg
The President and the Board of Chapter 2426 have approved the following trip guidelines starting in 2017:
1. Trips will be open to members first.
2. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list.
3. Trips’ destination and details will be announced orally, on the Website, and
In the Newsletter a month before the sign-up date.
Rules for signing up
1) Sign up for trips will take place at the monthly meeting for members, and also for non-members who will be placed on waiting list.
2) Priority will be given to members who sign up in person at the first sign-up date and to members, who are absent, but mail their checks within a week from the first sign-up. (No checks are accepted before the first sign–up date.)
3) Trip will be open to non-members a week after the sign-up date at which time members forfeit their priority status and their names will be added to the non-member list.
5) The above guidelines will assure fairness to all members and also provide information in sufficient time for trip coordinator to charter a bus, buy tickets, and make reservations.