For those who have never been to Europe or who have never seen the architectural beauty of old-style Catholic churches, this very inexpensive day-trip should not be missed. For participants who have already seen these jewels, it is a way to refresh their first experience and to develop a deeper artistic appreciation.
We will admire colorful decorations and paintings, and enjoy the architectural beauty of these unique “Painted Churches” in Texas thanks to the expert commentary of a local guide.
Report to the South Austin Senior Center at 8:30 a.m. and check in with Caryn
Departure promptly at 9 a.m.
Arrival at Chamber of Commerce in Schulenberg to pick up Guide
First Part of the guided tour
Lunch Buffet-style at Oak Ridge Smokehouse Restaurant
Second part of guided tour
Departure for Austin around 4:30 p.m.
Cost: $56 -based on 35-38 people.(It includes: chartered bus, gratuities for bus driver, admission to the churches to support their continuous restoration, guide's fee, buffet-style lunch, treats, water and raffles prizes)
Sign-up date in person at the monthly meeting on May 17, 2017(First come, First serve) Bus seats go fast.
a) Trip is open to members first. Non-members can sign up also, but will be placed on the waiting list.
b) Members who are absent must mail check quickly to Caryn Gulas so she gets it before May 25. (1504 Canoe Brook Drive, Austin, Tx 78746)
c) On May 25th those who are on the waiting list will be added automatically and late-members will lose their privilege of being first.
d) Do not bring someone's check on May 17th. Checks will not be accepted to make sure that members who made the effort to be present are not eliminated from signing up by the number of those who were absent.
March 2017 Trip to the Wildseed Farm and Fredricksburg
The President and the Board of Chapter 2426 have approved the following trip guidelines starting in 2017:
1. Trips will be open to members first.
2. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list.
3. Trips’ destination and details will be announced orally, on the Website, and
In the Newsletter a month before the sign-up date.
Rules for signing up
1) Sign up for trips will take place at the monthly meeting for members, and also for non-members who will be placed on waiting list.
2) Priority will be given to members who sign up in person at the first sign-up date and to members, who are absent, but mail their checks within a week from the first sign-up. (No checks are accepted before the first sign–up date.)
3) Trip will be open to non-members a week after the sign-up date at which time members forfeit their priority status and their names will be added to the non-member list.
5) The above guidelines will assure fairness to all members and also provide information in sufficient time for trip coordinator to charter a bus, buy tickets, and make reservations.