1. Heritage Craft Village in Waco, Texas (Self-guided tour)
2. Lunch on your own at Ninfa’s Mexican Restaurant
3. Shopping at Spice Village
4. MYSTERY STOP before returning home.
Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Departure at 8:00 A.M. from SASAC
Leaving Waco at 4:30 p.m.
Cost: $45 (It includes charter bus, driver gratuities, treats, raffle prizes and a Mystery Stop)
Make check to AARP Chapter 2426
Sign up: At the AARP Meeting on Feb. 20, 2019 (Maximum 40 people)
This trip is open to members first. Members who are absent on sign-up date (Feb.20, 2019) must mail a check to Rosie Perez before the end of the following week. Non–members may sign up, but will be placed on a waiting list. After a week from the sign-up date, non-members will be given a seat and late members will be standing in line behind them.
*Non-members are not allowed to go on the trip as companion or friend of a fellow-member unless there is room for them. They must sign up on a stand-by basis and wait until the official registration period is over. (My recommendation: Encourage your non-members friends, who like to come with you, to become members of our chapter.)
Sign up with Rosie at the February AARP meeting at which time you must also fill out a Waver Form if you have not done so.
Our arrival at the LBJ ranch our hero, Mario, rescued a baby deer that had fallen into a cattle guard. We enjoyed an escorted tour of the LBJ Texas White House, a stop at the Wildflower center, lunch and shopping in Fredricksburg.
Clifton Norwegian Christmas Trip
December 2, 2017
June 7 Lake Buchanan Trip
March 2017 Trip to the Wildseed Farm and Fredricksburg
The President and the Board of Chapter 2426 have approved the following trip guidelines starting in 2017:
1. Trips will be open to members first.
2. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list.
3. Trips’ destination and details will be announced orally, on the Website, and
In the Newsletter a month before the sign-up date.
Rules for signing up
1) Sign up for trips will take place at the monthly meeting for members, and also for non-members who will be placed on waiting list.
2) Priority will be given to members who sign up in person at the first sign-up date and to members, who are absent, but mail their checks within a week from the first sign-up. (No checks are accepted before the first sign–up date.)
3) Trip will be open to non-members a week after the sign-up date at which time members forfeit their priority status and their names will be added to the non-member list.
5) The above guidelines will assure fairness to all members and also provide information in sufficient time for trip coordinator to charter a bus, buy tickets, and make reservations.